Our passion is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Because of that, our goal for music and worship is to present music that:
1.) glorifies and honors Him,
2.) praises and blesses Him and
3.) leads the church to a deeper relationship with Him.
As Paul Oakley’s song “Jesus, Lover of My Soul” states, “it’s all about You, Jesus, and all this is for You, for Your glory and Your fame – it’s not about me . . . You alone are God and I surrender to Your ways!” We strive for quality in our music but the goal isn’t technical quality or music for music’s sake, but quality worship from the heart of the presenter straight to the heart of God; but done in such a way that those in the pew are led to a deeper, more intimate relationship with Him.
Music has a way of touching the heart and speaking to us in a way unlike any other. We vary in age, background and style preference; therefore our worship times tend to be a blend of traditional, Jazz, contemporary and southern gospel music styles (just to name a few!) Our goal is for everyone to participate and find something that speaks to them individually.
There are several opportunities to get involved in the Music & Worship Ministry at FBC Sayre. Our goal is to provide individuals of all ages a chance to learn develop and use their giftedness in ministry to the King of Kings.
- The Worship Choir is a group of youth and adults who rehearse each Wednesday at 7:30 P.M. This choir serves each Sunday in Worship as well as prepares for special presentations periodically throughout the year.
- The FBC Praise band is a group of instrumental musicians who lead in worship through accompanying congregational music. We are always looking for individuals to join us and use their instrument to the glory of the King of Kings. We rehearse each Sunday at 8:00 A.M.
- The ConnectKids Choirs meet on Sunday evenings during the school year at 6:00 P.M. as part of the Christian Education Ministry. For more info on ConnectKids, see our Children's Page
- Solos and ensembles are scheduled in the worship service on a regular basis. To be scheduled, contact the Minister of Music.
- Want to start something new? We live to say YES! To enthusiastic individuals with a passion to praise Jesus. To share your vision for music ministry, contact the Minister of Music.